What does LEARN Research look like?
The LEARN program provides opportunities for on-site and off-site research throughout the year!
Some of the cutting-edge NASA science mission work that teachers can engage with include CAPABLE, CALIPSO, and DISCOVER-AQ.
July 7-11 & 14-18 2014
During the on-site portion, Educators will:
Continued summer research
- Receive approximately 70 hours of professional development during the summer training
- Select an atmospheric science topic of interest
- Begin research on-site with their Research Team and NASA scientist mentor
- Receive GLOBE atmosphere training and certifications
After the two-week visit, LEARN educators will:
- Continue to interact with their research team with weekly virtual collaboration meetings
- Get input from other team members and their NASA scientist mentor
- Participate in a Data Meeting webinar with the entire cohort to present the progress of their work at the end of the summer
Once teachers return to their classroom, they will:
- Continue collaborations with their NASA scientist mentor and their Research Team through monthly webinars
- Collaborate on how to integrate their research project into classroom lessons for their students
- Prepare their research for the final poster in July 2015
- Present their work at the poster session either at NASA Langley or virtually